Leader of Recognition Research Group, Media Information Laboratory, NTT Communication Science Laboratories, Japan.
- July 2020 - now: Leader of Recognition Research Group, NTT Communication Science Laboratories
- March 2017 - March 2018: Visiting Industrial Fellow, University of Cambridge (Mentor: Prof. Zoubin Ghahramani)
- September 2007: Ph.D in Information Theory, Tokyo Institute of Technology (Supervisor: Prof. Tomohiko Uyematsu)
- April 2000: Joined NTT Communication Science Laboratories
- March 2000: M.Eng in Information Theory, 2000, Tokyo Institute of Technology (Supervisor: Prof. Tomohiko Uyematsu)
- March 1998: B.Eng in Integrated Systems, Tokyo Institute of Technology (Supervisor: Prof. Nobuo Fujii)
- March 1994: Graduated from Chiba Prefectural Funabashi High School
- 1975: Born in Kyoto, Japan.
- [Job Opportunities] NTT Communication Science Laboratories (CS Labs) is looking for Research Associates (post-docs). If you are interested in contributing our research, please check Job Opportunities page and contact us.
Multimedia Content Analysis
akisato -at- ieee -dot- org
Akisato Kimura - Group Leader - NTT | LinkedIn
Recognition Research Group, Media Information Laboratory, NTT Communication Science Laboratories, Atsugi, Kanagawa, Japan. [Responsibility]Leading basic researches on cross-media & cross-platform multimedia mining and its application to real-media & read-world event detection, recognition & deep understanding.
Media Information Laboratory
The Media Information Laboratory is organized into three research groups: media recognition, signal processing, and computing theory. Today, technological advances are occurring so rapidly that it is as if a technology should have already been realized by the moment someone imagines it.
akisatok - Overview
Interested in pattern recognition, computer vision, image processing and social media mining. - akisatok